What is COVID-19
WHAT IS CORONAVIRUS?
Coronavirus (CoV) refers to a family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as SARS. The Wuhan coronavirus, is a novel or new coronavirus that was first identified in humans in Wuhan, China, in December, 2019.
SYMPTOMS OF CORONAVIRUS
FEVER, COUGH, SHORTNESS OF BREATH
- WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN WITH SOAP AND WATER FOR 20 SECONDS. IF WATER IS NOT AVAILABLE, USE 70% ALCOHOL BASED HAND SANTIZERS
- AVOID TOUCHING EYES, NOSE AND MOUTH WITH UNWASHED HANDS
- AVOID CLOSE CONTACT SUCH AS KISSING, HUGGING, AND SHARING CUPS OR EATING UTENSILS WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE SICK
- COVER YOU COUGHS AND SNEEZES WITH A TISSUE OR SHIRT SLEEVE, NOT YOU HANDS
- CLEAN AND DISINFECT FREQUENTLY TOUCHED SURFACES, SUCH AS TOYS AND DOORKNOBS, ESPECIALLY IF SOMEONE IS SICK
- STAY AT HOME WHEN YOU ARE SICK
HOW DOES CORONAVIRUS SPREAD
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person
Between people who are in close contact with one another (within 6 feet)
Through respiratory droplets produce when an infected person coughs or sneezes
CAN SOMEONE SPREAD THE VIRUS WITHOUT BEING SICK?
People are thought to most contagious when they are most symptomatic
Some spread might be possible before people show symptoms.
It may be possible that a person can get the virus by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads