H.O.M.E. Living Opportunities
H.O.M.E. Living Opportunities, Inc. is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization chartered by the State of North Carolina.
Its mission is to provide an array of living environments and choices for persons with mental retardation and developmental disabilities.
H.O.M.E. Living Opportunities, Inc. has and will seek out federal, state, and other grant sources to assist and provide resources for living environments for persons with disabilities. H.O.M.E. Living Opportunities, Inc. currently owns and/or manages the following properties:
- Home for developmentally disabled adults in Cleveland County financed by Self Help Credit Union.
- Home for Respite and supported living in McDowell County.
- Three apartments in Morganton for 8 persons with developmental and severe medical/physical disabilities.
- Four duplex apartments in Caldwell County serving low-income handicapped individuals and families.
Projects under development:
- Air Park Drive in Morganton: Two duplex and one quadraplex designed handicapped accessible for severely, physically handicapped persons. The NC Housing Finance Agency has provided an interest-free loan of $126,000 and the Federal Home Loan Bank has provided a grant of $192,000 for this project.
- Charles Road in Shelby: In conjunction with Pathways Area Program, funds have been provided to build a four-duplex apartment complex for eight persons with multiple disabilities. Funds for this project were provided by the NC Housing Finance Agency, NC Division of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Disabilities Services and Pathways Area Program.
Patricia Ward, President
PO Box 8250
105 Scroggs Court